Making the COVID-19 Decision

Published: Sep 1, 2020 by

Will we be able to gather ~1000 in Seattle from July 11-20th? Summer isn’t that far away. Will the virus be well enough under control that local regulation will allow a meeting like this? Will people feel safe enough to travel from all over the country and the world to spend a week in close proximity with each other?

We will make a decision in the month of February to keep this meeting in-person or online. Obviously, all of us want this meeting to take place in person if at all possible. But safety is of the utmost importance, and our field has many active vulnerable people who will want to participate. Look for an announcement in the new year. We will not open registration until we have made a decision.