Private space and nursing room
We have reserved 1 room in Kane Hall and 2 rooms in the HUB as personal rooms. Each room is equipped with a refrigerator. Please Contact Us to reserve time slots for usage.
We recommend two off-campus child care facilities.
For toddlers and younger:
- Bright Horizons for daycare
For K-12 kids:
- LASER Childcare at Bryant for summer camps
We are working with the UW Youth Protection to arrange shared nanny/babysitter services ($5/hr per kid). Folks can post job descriptions to hire nannies from sites below.
- College of Ed Community Job Board
- Advising listserv
- School of Social Work job listserv
- OYPC job site
Kids with 5 years of age or older can be hosted in the Mary Gates Hall R206, a 5 min walk from the workshop venue. Nannies (either group share or individual) can use this room without additional cost. Please contact us 3 weeks in advance to arrival dates in order to reserve a seat for you.
Other child care resources
There are several exciting programs nearby UW. To name a few,
- University District YMCA for camps/care options.
- KinderCare for daycare.
- Child Care Resources lists programs offering care for a mixed age group in a person’s home.
- UW Medicine child car Additional information regarding UW-area childcare options can be found